Social Performance Report of Agricultural Credit Cooperative (ACC) Maritza Invest, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
This report analyzes the social performance of the Agricultural Credit Cooperative (ACC) Maritza Invest, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
ACC Maritza Invest provides financial services to agricultural small and medium enterprises in a professional and sustainable way. By offering financial products to its clients the cooperative helps them to achieve economic growth and contributes to development in the rural areas around the town of Plovdiv.
The Social Performance Analysis of ACC Maritza Invest involved introduction of the Cerise SPI tool to the managers of cooperatives. The questionnaire was filled out and discussed by the management and staff members in each cooperative. The report reveals that ACC Maritza Invest:
- Sees its responsibility in providing financial services to rural enterprises;
- Applies sound practices and maintains successful and sustainable relationships with clients;
- Finances micro and small enterprises by offering loans with alternative collateral;
- Finances larger clients who provide jobs by expanding their businesses and contributing knowledge to the social network;
- Retains employees by keeping them engaged in long term contracts, with most of them staying many years in their job and showing high commitment to the mission of ACC Maritza Invest.