Social Performance Report 2011: Meeting Clients' Needs
This report highlights Oikocredit's achievements as a social investor. It stresses on the importance Oikocredit gives to choosing the right partners whose values, social goals, and objectives match its own. It also focuses on Oikocredit's commitment to client welfare. The report presents data on 85% of Oikocredit's total development financing portfolio at the end of 2011.
Oikocredit's portfolio consists of a variety of microfinance organizations which deliver a broad range of financial products and services. Oikocredit's microfinance partners prioritize supporting the growth of existing businesses, reducing poverty, and generating employment. The report discusses Oikocredit's:
- Contribution to positive change in clients lives by careful partner selection, monitoring, support, and a balanced assessment of outcomes;
- Support to social and financial viability by selecting the right partners, enhancing awareness, and using better defined policies, tools, and approaches;
- Mentoring and capacity building efforts in East Africa;
- Efforts to target poverty in South Africa;
- Partnership with Progress out of Poverty Index to measure social performance in the Philippines and Cambodia;
- Risk management training workshops;
- Collaboration with other industry players to define standards for various tools widely used in the microfinance sector.