Policy Brief: OECD Principles of Corporate Governance
This paper provides specific guidance for policymakers, regulators, and market participants in improving the legal, institutional, and regulatory framework that underpins corporate governance, with a focus on publicly traded companies. The paper also provides practical suggestions for stock exchanges, investors, corporations, and other parties that have a role in the process of developing good corporate governance. Key points include:
- What are the Principles and what issues do they address?
- How to strengthen the ownership role of shareholders?
- How do the Principles deal with conflicts of interest?
- How do the Principles help strengthen company oversight by boards?
- How can governments use the Principles?
- How was the review of the Principles carried out?