Village Savings and Loan Associations (VS&LAs) Programme Guide - Field Operations Manual
A guide to the operations of village savings and loan associations
This manual provides guidelines for the operations of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VS&LAs). The manual contains:
- A foreword that explains:
- The need for VS&LAs
- The working relationships between VS&LAs and MFIs;
- Changes made to the manual in the second edition in order to improve its applicability in areas where literacy rates are low and incomes are small and irregular.
- Acknowledgements made by the authors to various agencies that have contributed to the evolution of the manual.
The manual also contains:
- Notes to the user;
- Table of Acronyms and Terms.
The Guide is divided into the following three parts:
- Part 1, the introduction, contains:
- An explanation of how the methodology of VL&SAs works;
- A note to the field officers.
- Part 2, Field Operations Manual, explains:
- The schedule of operations;
- The preparatory phase that concentrates on awareness raising;
- The intensive phase that develops, explains and implements various modules;
- Supervision that includes two phases - development and maturity.
About this Publication