Biodiversity Finance Intern
Triple Jump, a Dutch impact investment manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a Biodiversity Finance Intern for four to six months remote assignment starting in August 2020. Triple Jump is looking to offer a biodiversity-focused fund centering around three key themes:
(i) Wild Sourced Products and Agroforestry; (ii) Marine Harvest and Freshwater Resources; and (iii) Eco-Tourism.
The main responsibility of the Biodiversity Intern will be to assess the three main investment themes by zooming in a selection of sub-sectors and determine specific finance and technical assistance needs. The outcome of the exploration will help Triple Jump fine-tune the investment proposition and develop a technical assistance/engine room support proposition.
- Literature review, online interviews, and survey compilation to assess the attractiveness of the three key focus areas and target markets.
- Relevant market mapping tools and instruments to be used: e.g. Porter’s 5 Forces and Perceptual Mapping, specifically to assess:
- Entry barriers and main trends.
- Potential investment cases, financial needs, and capacity needs.
- Existing/potential investors and donors, NGOs, expertise centers to preselect potential partners.
- Main competitors/substitutes, key success drivers.
- The assessment is to be divided in three phases: high level mapping, selection of sub-sectors (in consultation with team), and deep dive per investment theme.
The output for the Biodiversity Intern should be in the form of one presentation per phase and a summary presentation recapping key findings and implementation pipeline.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of economic development, business administration, or finance.
- Business development and/or strategy consulting skills.
- Affinity with impact investment and/or biodiversity and nature conservation topics.
- Proven research experience translating into delivery of clear and concise knowledge and strategy products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.