Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Based in the capital city Dili, the candidate will serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the SFMR, S. A., reporting to its Board. He/she will oversee the overall management of the company, including providing clear leadership and direction to the institution ensuring solid operating and financial performance needed to accomplish high performance standards. The new CEO will have the support of the Board of Directors as he/she drives the growth of the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Overall management and governance.
- Strategic planning and business development.
- Human resource and talent development.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the institution by providing clear leadership and guidance to all functions of the company, including Finance, Operations, Administration, Risk Management, HR and IT.
- Drive organizational performance, both quantitative and qualitative; achieve business plan targets.
- Ensure quality information flow to investors, regulators and other stakeholders as relevant.
- A degree in Economics, Business or finance is desirable.
- At least 15 years of direct experience in microfinance services, at least three years of which in senior management positions (Assistant CEO, COO, GM or CFO) in a retail or microfinance bank or similar financial services company.
- Advanced knowledge of retail microfinance or banking operations, products and services as well as knowledge of standard microfinance compliance regulations, microfinance law, business law, employment and labor law, internal operational policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the company’s social mission and corporate values.
- For local talents, fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English is required as well as knowledge of Portuguese a strong plus. For foreigners, fluency in English is required and Portuguese a strong plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (not more than two pages) and a cover letter to [email protected]