Communications & Marketing Manager
Women’s World Banking is looking for an experienced communications and marketing manager to help us reach and influence stakeholder groups critical to our mission to include millions more women in the formal financial system. This is a key role within the Advocacy group, and reports directly to the Global Head of Advocacy. The role will work closely with our policy and research teams, our network and solutions teams, and partner with our social media and events teams, to help create an integrated and aligned global advocacy function.
The Communications and Marketing Manager’s work will help us reach our target audiences (financial service providers, policymakers, donors) and lead the organization’s thought leadership work on women’s financial inclusion. The role requires a strong writer who can distill and communicate complex research, trends and insights, and who understands different influence channels, and how content needs to be tailored. This role will also manage our global media program, managing relationships with tier one global reporters, while enabling greater penetration of media in local markets. It will also liaise closely with the office of the CEO as we build out our executive engagement programs. .
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage Women’s World Banking’s global media relations program. Monitor news and industry trends in order to proactively pitch ideas for stories and articles.
- Liaise with the office of the CEO and Leadership Team to create and manage executive engagement plans.
- Draft compelling content including op-eds, annual reports, blogs, publications, and case studies tailored to specific audiences and channels. Manage a network of freelance writers to deliver consistently strong content.
- Uncover insights and data to be used in communications from cross-functional project teams.
- Develop creative ways to produce content to meet target audience needs.
- Manage a junior staff member (with a focus on marketing and content) and agency partners (including global agencies).
- A minimum of seven years of communications, content production and marketing in financial services, B2B or advocacy organizations.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent writer (a writing test will be given) and editor with great attention to detail.
- Track record of media relations in one or more markets.
- Ability to write in different thought-provoking styles from case studies to op-eds to blogs, adapting voice as needed per channel.
- Ability to bring new creative ideas to communicating our work.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience managing external consultants and agencies.
- Experience producing content to support overall marketing and communications strategy.
- Experience partnering with events teams to build compelling agendas and narratives.
- Industry experience in PR agency, financial services, B2B, financial inclusion or advocacy organizations with a global lens.
- Product marketing experience, preferably in a technology or financial services environment.
- Fluency in another language.