Publish What You Fund is looking for individual country-based consultants for Nigeria, Kenya and Bangladesh to support research and advocacy work for its Women's Economic Empowerment Program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducting independent desk-based research.
- Stakeholder mapping of government, donor and civil society organizations.
- Lead in identifying relevant individuals for key informant interviews (KIIs) and arranging, conducting and analyzing KIIs.
- Supporting and monitoring country funding survey dissemination.
- Working under the supervision of the Project Manager to ensure a smooth research process in-country.
- Supporting report writing and creation of briefing materials.
- Supporting peer-review of reports at a country level.
- Supporting in-country advocacy efforts to encourage uptake of policy recommendations.
- Participating in and supporting country advisory committee meetings.
- Minimum of seven years of experience working in the public sector, development policy and/or research on international and national projects funded by major donors, with a strong focus on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and financial inclusion.
- Experience conducting research and analysis in the area of women’s economic empowerment and women’s financial inclusion.
- Experience in coordinating and liaising with government agencies, donors and NGOs.
- Recognized experience in the field of gender and development.
- Demonstrable experience of producing high-quality, well-written, materials to a tight deadline.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Track record and familiarity with conducting interviews with a range of stakeholders.
- A strong personal network within the development sector.
- Both English and native language skills (preferable).
- The successful candidate would ideally be based in the country where he/she is are applying to work.
About this Opportunity