Core Banking Solution Project Manager
Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas, SA (KIF) is embarking on a New Core Banking Solution (CBS) to enable KIF to grow a sustainable way for the next five to ten years. This position is an individual or company who will lead and manage the overall implementation of the Core Banking Solution project and ensuring that the project is delivered on time, within the budget and in accordance with the expectations of Kaebauk's Management, Board of Directors, and other project stakeholders.
The Business Project Manager will ensure the CBS business requirements are developed and provided to the vendor, as well as select and coordinate with the right CBS vendor. Additionally, the position will monitor and manage the project timeline to ensure it is on track and to ensure that regular reports are provided to stakeholders. While the project is in progress, the Business Project Manager is required to develop and maintain a professional relationship among all the team members, to ensure unity and wholeness in the team for the success of the project. He/she plays a leading role in the anticipation of the issues and problems that are likely to occur in the progress of the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the project throughout the project lifecycle including planning, analysis, design, development, deployment and closure.
- Manage requirements gatherings, customizations, Data Migration, testing, training, and deployment for the Core Banking System.
- Maintain technology - vendor relationship and compliance with service level agreements/contractual commitments.
- Develop and maintains the key project deliverables, project plans, communication plans, status reports with clear communication, actionable deliverables and/or activities to be completed to relevant teams and departments.
- Support the project execution and governance by tracking deadlines, deliverables, resources, and timelines throughout the project process.
- Identify the processes and activities needing improvement, as well as to further identify and communicate the new workable process standards, including the best practices to approach these activities.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Perform impact analysis for changes impacting the core banking project.
- Work with stakeholders to determine and prioritize project objectives, the project’s critical success factors and its risks.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure project progresses is within schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Ensure documentation, supporting materials, and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams and senior leaders.
- Co-ordinate project team meetings to provide status updates and identify and resolve issues to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery in accordance with the stated project goals.
- Lead planning and implementation of the new CBS project, coordinating with the business, Information Technology, vendor and various operations teams as necessary to ensure a complete and successful transition from old to the new CBS.
- Manage the overall project, and ensuring that the project is delivered on time, within the budget and in accordance with the expectations of Kaebauk's Management, Board of Directors, and other CBS project stakeholders.
- Prepare all project documentation including business requirement documents, project charter, project plans, progress reports, project budget, change control documentations and the overall management processes.
- Identify project risks and work with senior team to identify and implement mitigating strategies as required.
- Prepare reports for weekly project status meetings and periodic CBS project team meetings.
- Prepare senior management project progress reports monthly.
- Prepare, implement, and report other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems.
- Certification or degree in accounting & finance (preferred).
- Professional qualification in project management (PMP certification).
- Five or more years of experience in managing complex projects, and solid experience specifically within the Core Banking System project management.
- Strong experience in creating complex project plans, methodologies and managing third party vendor relationships.
- Good understanding of the Banking Functional Requirements, Specifications and Software Specification Requirements.
- Experience in developing reports weekly, monthly project status meetings and periodic steering committee meetings.
- Strong communication skills, ability to perform formal communication and reporting, as well as leading meetings with credibility.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Self-motivated with proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a team player.