FINCA’s Research and Data science team is seeking an experienced Data Manager, who will be responsible for building and managing high-quality information assets—including millions of data points collected directly from customer surveys around the world (normally via SurveyCTO), combined with secondary data that will enrich the framing and analysis of FINCA's research topics. The Data Manager will develop, maintain, and optimize the organization's data libraries, pipelines and data management procedures on FINCA’s in-house data management platform (ValiData). The position requires ease in working in a cloud-based environment and tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Data Quality:
- Obsessively take ownership for data quality at all stages, from primary data collection to final analysis.
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity, privacy, security, and compliance through globally established quality control procedures, both for internal and external data.
- Develop (or utilize already existing) ML/AI/NLP data quality algorithms using both metadata and primary data to validate and improve the quality of the primary survey data collected via SurveyCTO. Build (or utilize already existing) systems/algorithms for identification and correction of errors. Create and oversee quality control procedures for data collection and quality checks.
- Check/validate the quality of external datasets as needed. Build or utilize systems and algorithms for corrections.
- Build (or utilize already existing) visual dashboards to monitor collected data in real time. Train research team members and all users on the functionality and usage. Prepare self-guided user manuals/videos/infographics.
- See more on the hiring organization's website.
About this Opportunity