Director, Advisory Services, New York
Women’s World Banking believes in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, the organization is embarking on a new chapter to transform the way it designs and implements solutions through its Advisory Services.
Women’s World Banking is seeking a Director of Advisory Services to help deliver products and services to a diverse range of financial service providers across a number of emerging markets globally. By leveraging the rolling market needs and trends assessments along with individual institution’s needs, the Director will lead a team to identify and design solutions for partner financial institution clients. This will increase the clients’ market share and profitability while resulting in more empowered women being served with enhanced financial services.
This position will report directly to the EVP of Strategy and Advisory Services and will be an active, engaging leader within the organization.
- You believe in building alliances, bridging the gap to minimize silos and maximize collaboration.
- Build a menu of service offerings to offer to financial service partners.
- Successfully partner business development to translate partner needs into a compelling and tangible value proposition
- You believe thinking differently, outside of the conventional norm to drive sustainable and powerful solutions.
- The ideal candidate will come from a senior position within a bank, financial service provider, mobile network operator or consulting firm.
- Significant know-how designing digital solutions.
- Help the clients find new opportunities for market growth based on industry and market trends.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop data driven customer insights, market perspectives, and organizational knowledge that informs and provokes the development, evaluation and implementation of new services, products, systems, and in some cases, entirely new business models;
- Consistently strive to create tangible business value for the clients and meaningful products and services for the people they serve;
- Partner with Research and Business Development to prioritize solutions for specific market opportunities;
- Build deeper relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build consensus and enthusiasm for innovation;
- Attend and speak at industry events to evangelize the brand and services of Women’s World Banking.
- 12 or more years of progressive experience and established persona in the fields of banking, financial services or management consulting.
- Five or more years of proven management experience.
- Strong project management skills and respect for meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced degree.
- Proven collaborative, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Impeccable presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Depth of knowledge in commercial and retail business models.
- Ability to manage remote teams.
- Willingness to take on significant travel to emerging markets.
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders at the senior level.
- Lead major process improvement projects and initiatives using the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to make positive and quantifiable improvements across the organization.
- Experience in digital commerce and/or user interface applications.