Director, Digital Financial Services - Affordability Research Initiative
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Tanzania is hiring a Tanzania Director for the planned Tanzania Digital Financial Services (DFS) Affordability Research Initiative. This role will be responsible for leading and implementing an anticipated research initiative exploring the affordability of digital financial services in Tanzania. The position will be based at IPA’s office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will report directly to the Tanzania Country Director and the Director for Financial Inclusion Program at IPA Global.
The position will be responsible for the launch, delivery, and conclusion of the research initiative, which is anticipated to last two years. Responsibilities will include high-level relationship management and consensus building (with stakeholders from private, public, and civil society sectors), identifying knowledge gaps and producing an exhaustive needs assessment analysis report, responsibility for the coordination of research studies and the development or related policy briefs, communication and dissemination, financial management, and resource planning and supervision.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder management.
- Identifying knowledge gaps & development of needs assessment analysis.
- An initial objective of this initiative is to identify knowledge gaps where research can provide up-to-date and accurate insights on DFS affordability in Tanzania.
- Coordinate the implementation of identified research studies & development of policy briefs.
- Communication and dissemination.
- Budget management.
- Resource planning and supervision.