Financial Inclusion Program Coordinator, Sponsored Projects
The Financial Inclusion Program Coordinator will work on a portfolio of grants and sponsored projects focused across the areas of regulation, technology, and product design that support the global growth of financial inclusion. More specifically, the Program Coordinator will serve as the key operational contact for financial inclusion sponsored projects and will ensure timeliness and efficiency of all operational activities. The Program Coordinator will also support assigned senior staff in project management responsibilities and liaise with international sponsored project staff to ensure financial inclusion grant milestones and deliverables are met.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and manage the execution of all contracts, memoranda of understanding and grant agreements for financial inclusion grants and sponsored projects.
- Monitor, process, and approve relevant project expenses and invoices.
- Ensure financial inclusion sponsored project staff adhere to RPA policies and procedures.
- Work with assigned senior staff to manage relationships with key stakeholders including consultants, external partners, and funders.
- Support assigned senior staff in the accurate and timely reporting of grant and sponsored project activities according to applicable time frames and formats.
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines and deliverables for financial inclusion project.
- On occasion, manage operational responsibilities for financial inclusion Sponsored Projects that do not have employees or staff.
- Participate and capture meeting minutes of regular RPA check-in calls with financial inclusion sponsored projects staff and/or funders.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of relevant experience in the non-profit sector preferably in the field of financial inclusion or international economic development.
- Familiarity and demonstrated interest in financial inclusion concepts and theories.
- Knowledge of the international development landscape particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Proven ability to multi-task and balance the workload and deadlines for multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Clear and prompt communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience supporting non-profit operations.
- Familiarity with non-profit budgets and income statements.
- Familiarity with fiscal sponsorship and knowledge of a foreign language (French, Swahili, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency, particularly working knowledge of Office Suite; familiarity with NetSuite/CRM (Helpful), and Fluxx (Helpful).