Global Logistics Director
One Acre Fund (OAF) Kenya is OAF's largest and fastest-growing country of operation and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa. By 2030, OAF aims to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Program Design team leads the strategy and planning for Kenya's field program. The team consists of four sub-departments, each focused on an essential program goal:
- Impact - maximizing the yields and quality of life benefits for farmers
- Enrollment and marketing - increasing the number of farmers we serve
- Repayment - ensuring our program remains financially sustainable while maintaining excellent customer service
- Expansion - bringing our program to new areas of the country
The Program Strategy Director will oversee the strategy and management of these four sub-departments. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, he/she will be a member of One Acre Fund Kenya's senior leadership team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with other senior leaders to shape One Acre Fund Kenya's vision and goals
- Oversee the strategy and planning of Program Design's four sub-departments
- Directly manage two senior staff, and a lead a team of 13 staff
- Foster a healthy team culture of inclusion, fun and continuous improvement
- Lead recruitment and talent development for the Program Design team
- Manage a budget of KES 1.6 billion
- Eight or more years of experience leading teams to success, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers.
- Strategy: Can critically analyze a complex problem and identify bold solutions to address it.
- Project management: Can design, plan and implement complex projects to success.
- Results-oriented: Sets goals and take ownership of driving towards them.
- Growth mindset: Is enthusiastic about learning, feedback and continuous improvement.
- Cross-cultural fluency: Will work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Mentorship: Supports others to achieve their professional goals.
- Strong educational background; minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years.
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred.