Investment Officer/Analyst closely works with Fragg's Investment Director, and is responsible for the origination, design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent monitoring of the FRAGG’s investment portfolios. The Investment Director coordinates the activities of the Investment Officers and works closely with Fragg's investment team in designing, executing and monitoring transactions. The Investment Officer/Analyst will be based in Lagos, Nigeria with travels to Ghana, Togo, Benin and Côtè d'Ivoire, Cameroon and other West and Central African Countries.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the investment/credit committee.
- Creating and analyzing financial models.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
- Preparing reports based on financial statements, financial models, project progress reports, and other information from portfolio or prospective client companies.
- Designing and conducting due diligence.
- Preparing documentation for FRAGG's internal approvals.
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with client companies to enhance new business opportunities.
- Participating in investments negotiations and assisting in transaction documentation.
- Conducting industry and market research for business development.
- Participating in the monitoring of existing investments.
- Coordinating the activities of the investment officers and analysts.
- Develop exit strategies and lead divestment processes.
- Support the Managing Partner with company and investor relations.
- Develop, interpret and update complex financial models for potential and current projects.
- Perform periodic project performance and credit review of investment as agreed with the Investment Director.
- Experience in Private Equity / Venture Capital firm, investment vehicle etc. (five or more years) with a track record in generation, execution and processing of investment private equity/venture capital deals, corporate finance, and/or structuring transactions.
- Master's or equivalent degree with specialization in finance, economics, accounting, business management and related fields.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Solid foundation in accounting and financial model and analysis.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Fluency in writing and speech in English and French.
- Additional professional qualifications (e.g. CFA/ACA/ACCA, MBA, PMP etc.) will be an advantage.