Managing Director, Turame Community Finance
The managing director (MD) is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the microfinance program, Turame Community Finance. The MD heads the institution’s executive team and directly supervises departmental leads. The MD is responsible for leadership of strategy, compliance, operations, spiritual integration, credit risk, finance, and client protection. He/she represents the institution within the HOPE International network and communicates with local and national regulators and other government officials. The managing director also carries out his/her responsibilities working as part of a team with the Central Service Unit staff of HOPE International, requesting their support and partnering with the appropriate specialists to develop and improve the institution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Responsible to ensure the organization meets all local legal requirements and to lead Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings when required.
- Represent the MFI and maintain good working relationships with governmental authorities, donors, other local practitioners, and the general public.
- Liaise with HOPE’s other MFIs and partners in the region, including site visits, sharing lessons and best practices learned in research of program, etc.
- More in the original job posting.