MFI Agriculture Product Specialist
The agriculture product specialist is a resource for the HOPE network of microfinance institutions (MFIs) in the ongoing support and expansion of agriculture-related financial services. The agriculture product specialist will collaborate with MFI leaders and other technical advisors to design and roll out agriculture financial services, build the technical capacity of microfinance institutions to serve agricultural entrepreneurs, ensure consistent standards of quality, and coordinate timely and accurate reporting on agriculture-related products.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Collaborate with MFI program leadership and other technical advisors to provide agriculture product support, promote product quality, and scale growth of agricultural products and services within HOPE’s MFI network.
- Help equip and coach MFI leaders to design client-centered products and improve existing product terms and operational processes that serve the needs and business cycles of agricultural entrepreneurs in the HOPE network.
- Contribute to the training and development of MFI staff in all aspects of agricultural finance, value chain development, and other relevant technical knowledge.
- Track product performance in aggregate and at a program level, while helping network programs achieve portfolio quality and growth objectives. Ensure accurate and timely reporting on relevant key performance indicators for the global agriculture portfolio.
- Assess and report on the health, status, and holistic impact of the global agriculture portfolio.
- Ensure consistent standards and best practices to HOPE’s agriculture products and processes.
- Conduct industry research on agricultural lending, analyze industry benchmarks.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, agriculture, economics, or related field.
- At least five years of professional experience in economic development, microfinance, international banking, or financial services sector, with three or more of those years in agriculture-related work.
- Experience and expertise in agriculture development such as agrobusiness lending, greenhouse and open field farming, supply chain development, coffee value chains, and sustainable agriculture.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural listening and communication skills. Cross cultural living experience preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to motivate and lead others in a culturally diverse and geographically distributed context.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English language; proficiency in French, Kinyarwanda, Ukrainian, preferred.