Regional Finance Director - VisionFund Asia
The Regional Finance Director (‘RFD’) leads and manages the execution of the VisionFund 2030 Strategy within the region. The role is responsible for all regional microfinance institution (MFI) finance-related issues and works primarily with, and mentors, the MFI CFOs, who have a matrix reporting line into this position, and other Regional Finance staff (as applicable). The RFD is responsible for ensuring proper controls, policies, procedures, reporting standards, and best practices are in place in the MFIs. All efforts will be made to provide global solutions to improve MFI finance processes.
The RFD reports to the Regional Head - Asia and has a matrix line into the Global Director of Regional Finance/VFI CFO (as applicable).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a board and committee member on the MFI boards in the region to drive performance and accountability in the MFIs and influence other board members on the adoption of VFI’s strategy. Attend MFI ALCO and Risk Committees.
- Oversee monthly management accounts process. Responsible for review and sign off of monthly MED reporting and balance sheet reconciliations. Assist in monthly MFI performance reviews. Provide accounting technical support to MFI CFOs.
- Direct the MFIs planning and budgeting process to ensure the MFIs strategies and plans are aligned to VFI, have financial integrity, and are achievable. Sign-off MFI budgets.
- Responsible for improving the quality and controls of the Financial and Accounting processes in the MFIs. Day-to-day support of Sun6 project teams in MFIs.
- Responsible for the implementation of the VFI Finance Manual in the MFIs. Responsible for approving and agreeing any exceptions to this.
- Ensure the MFI staff receive appropriate training in Finance and Accounting. Ensure suitable induction, training and performance assessment of new MFI CFOs. Input into MFI CFO performance agreement.
- Implement Risk Management policies within the MFIs, including board approved Risk Management Frameworks and Risk Appetite Statements, and Risk Registers. Ensure Audit & Risk Committees meet regularly.
- Oversee liquidity and funding needs of the MFIs including the giving of early warning indicators; updating the Global Lender Covenant Tracker; ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements; production of 12-month cash flow forecasts; running of MFI ALCOs and participation in MFI funding calls.
- Perform on-site financial and strategic reviews and due diligences on MFIs. Other ad hoc strategic projects as required.
- Oversight of all CFOs of the MFIs in the region with a dotted reporting line.
- Engage with internal and external Auditors over key audit findings, and work with management and hold them accountable for resolving identified issues.
- Engage with World Vision's (WV's) National Directors (NDs) in the region to influence integration between VFI and WV in the field.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Deep financial analysis and accounting understanding, preferably with some audit background.
- Thorough knowledge and extensive experience (minimum of seven years) in the microfinance and/or banking sectors.
- Understanding of balance sheet risk management including interest rate risk, liquidity risk and foreign exchange risk as well as bank funding processes and contracting.
- Must be experienced in managing effective support of accounting computer software systems including Sun6.
- Must be cross culturally sensitive as will work with associates from every area of the world.
- Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required.
- Fluency in English.