Regional Head - VisionFund Latin America & Caribbean
The Regional Head (RH) - VisionFund Latin America & Caribbean will lead and manage the execution of VisionFund’s strategy in the region. This includes management of the regional team including Chief Executive Officers, Regional Operation Directors, Regional Finance Director and Regional P&C Business Partner. Learn more >
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the delivery of the ‘double bottom line’ of financial and social performance in the region. You will also manage any regional staff who support the RH in capacity-building and oversight of the Microfinance Institutions (MFIs), ensuring proper governance, controls, policies, procedures, and performance targets are achieved.
- Ensure that regional direction and country level strategies and budgets are aligned to the global VisionFund International (VFI) strategy and tied into the regional and country level World Vision strategies.
- Ensure that all growth initiatives are well managed both at the local and regional levels, and that the foundations for such growth are in place. Therefore, capacity-building of staff and ensuring effective controls and processes are in place is a key aspect of the role. Measure and targets will be established and agreed for each MFI and quarterly reviews held to establish progress and decide upon adjustments and redirection of resources, particularly funding, in consultation with the regional team.
- Be the primary point of contact with World Vision at a senior level. This includes taking part in World Vision senior leadership meetings for the region, and ensuring that World Vision and VisionFund integrate their activities where ever appropriate.
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably with a professional qualification or an MBA.
- Significant leadership experience (minimum of 10 years) largely in a banking, finance or microfinance. environment, including a proven track record of managing people in an international environment (including mentoring, directing, building capacity.
- Significant C-level leadership experience (minimum of 10 years) in a microfinance environment, including a proven track record of managing people in an international environment (including mentoring, directing, building capacity).
- Must have Board experience having been a Board member of several Boards (in either an Executive or Non-Executive capacity).
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills and ability to balance Christian values with sound commercial practices.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50 percent of the time.