Regional Internal Audit Manager - Latin America & Asia
The regional internal audit manager - Latin America & Asia is responsible for leading the organization’s audit activity in microfinance programs of Latin America and Asia. The work includes developing and implementing the internal audit plan and issuing the required internal audit reports. It also includes carrying out a comprehensive program that provides assurance designed to add value and improve HOPE International microfinance programs’ risk management, control, and governance processes in Latin America and Asia.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
- Oversee audit activities of HOPE International’s microfinance programs in Latin America and Asia in accordance with established internal standards and external regulations for efficiency, accuracy, and security.
- Work with HOPE International Internal Audit team in evaluating and identifying microfinance programs’ risks and developing audit objectives, plans, and scope.
- Conduct audits according to schedule, determine the resources that are necessary, and see that the approved audit plan is accomplished.
- Perform audit procedures including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, identifying root causes and forming recommendations.
- Ensure objectives of each audit engagement are met and work papers are sufficient to support audit findings. Ensure audit reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely.
- Participate in the review and approval of the detailed audit programs tailored to each audit objective or department to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Ensure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached.
- Interact with personnel throughout HOPE International microfinance programs, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues, achieve the desired improvement actions and maintain a harmonious working relationship while preserving integrity of audit reports.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Internal Audit team.
- Assist in fraud investigations as required and direct audit staff of HOPE International microfinance programs as needed.
About this Opportunity
Lancaster, PA - United States or Remote