Rwanda Finance and Strategy Manager
One Acre Fund is looking for a motivated person, who is dedicated to social impact, to lead our Rwanda Finance & Strategy department. The team is made up of 10 professionals offering financial and strategic program support to country leadership across all business units.
- You will sit on the Rwanda program steering committee, report to the Country Director, and directly manage three team members.
- When not focused on team management, or steering committee work, you will spend time on strategic and financial projects of the highest importance to the program.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda's leadership team. With so many varied projects happening across the team, no day is ever the same.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Team management and coaching to ensure team and program goals are met. The Finance & Strategy Team is split into the following responsibilities which you will manage:
- Strategic Projects: Strategic projects to support the program to increase farmer impact and efficiency, solve complex operational and strategic issues, and support in scoping out new ventures (5-6 full-time staff).
- Specific projects depend on program priorities but range from quantitative modeling to primary research. Recent examples include running a partnership trial for market access services, building financial models for new products, or creating a new farmer communication strategy.
- Financial Strategy: Budgeting, financial reporting, strategic finance projects such as financial modeling, creating investment proposals, tax efficiency projects (2 full-time staff).
- Product Strategy & Management: A new team dedicated to maximizing sales and farmer impact, ensuring strong supply chains and partnerships, and improving customer service for each product sold (three full-time staff).
- Full oversight of the country budget and investments.
- Program-wide strategic project prioritization (and sometimes new project creation and scoping).
- Coordinate resource allocation for strategic projects.
- Create Rwanda program annual goals and monitor results.
- Run at least one strategic or financial project yourself at any one time.
- Sit on the Rwanda program steering committee, to present and give feedback on wider program strategies and challenges.
- Work experiences: strategy, management consulting, and finance professionals (or people with similar experience), who have five years + professional experience working in strategy or large strategic project management, with a strong foundation of financial knowledge and quantitative skills.
- Leadership experience, particularly in roles that demonstrate team building and relationship management.
- Technical skills: Advanced in Microsoft/Google Suite packages, especially Excel. Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
- Language: English.