Senior Credit Risk Specialist
The senior member of the Risk, Legal and Compliance (RLC) Team focused on debt finance risk management will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer & General Counsel and work closely with the senior global Credit Risk team in the oversight of the Latin American credit risk process.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assume primary day to day responsibility for oversight of the Credit Risk management function for BlueOrchard’s LATAM portfolio.
- Provide debt financing credit risk analysis in respect of transaction structuring and Credit Risk monitoring.
- Support the oversight and processes around problem credit analysis and management of workout scenarios in direct coordination with the Head of Special Situations, serving as a liaison between lenders groups, borrowers and the BlueOrchard management.
- Contribute and provide value added expertise towards the overall development and scaling of the RLC Team and Credit Risk functions within BlueOrchard.
- Serve as a member of the BlueOrchard Credit Committee, representing the RLC team on debt fund portfolio selection.
- University degree in finance, business or another relevant discipline with advanced degree preferable.
- 10 years or more of direct credit risk and investment analysis and decision making experience.
- Preference for candidates certified in credit risk management and/or with graduate training in the subject.
- Experience as a member of a decision making credit committee/investment committee is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable deal making, negotiation and leadership skills in the context of debt financing risk management and problem credit management.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and the ability to translate concepts for data management into operational processes.
- Native or full professional level spoken and written Spanish and full professional level (or native) spoken and written English are a MUST.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment and the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast paced international environment.
- The ability and willingness to be part of a remote team with members around the world.