Senior Manager, Humanitarian
GiveDirectly is looking for candidates who will be able to deploy on short notice to respond to a range of humanitarian crises. As part of GD’s humanitarian team, you will hone your operational expertise with responsibilities that include: building new capabilities for targeting beneficiaries, deploying payments, and rapidly setting up in emergency settings; hiring and managing teams of field officers; and hitting quality and efficiency targets in a novel operational context. In addition to building readiness and providing boots on the ground, you will create new growth opportunities and partnerships to expand our reach, expand our operational methodology, and source funding from a range of donors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end project management:
- Assess trade-offs of different design decisions (e.g. targeting, payments, customer service) and define suitable model.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for excellent project execution.
- Define, track, and report operational and efficiency metrics.
- Build operational protocols that will enable rapid legal set-up, hiring, and community entry.
- Hire, onboard, and manage high-quality field teams.
- Own a rich project management plan to ensure successful end-to-end execution.
- Dynamically identify operational vulnerabilities (e.g. fraud, brand risk etc.) and create solutions to de-risk.
- New business development:
- Scope new countries and target communities for expansion.
- Identify, evaluate, and drive growth opportunities, supporting end-to-end deal cycle from pitching to launch.
- Conduct operational diligence, feasibility, and risk assessments for pilots and inbound proposals.
- Partnership management:
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships with funders and operational partner.
- Drive overall alignment across external researchers, government agencies, and payment providers.
- Collaborate with partnerships team to create content to drive donor conversations and position GiveDirectly as a thought leader in the Humanitarian space.
- Working proficiency in a second language required. French or Arabic desired.
- Three to five years of work experience in a problem-solving heavy role (field management, consulting, analytics) at a high performing organization.
- Strong alignment with GD values.
- Exceptional ability to logic through complex operational questions & run robust analyses to inform management and programming decisions.
- Preference for candidates with a strong partnership and relationship management background.
- Strong communications skills: Skilled in speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating across multiple stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced environments, which may lack pre-defined playbook for success and involve significant “learning by doing”.
- Prior humanitarian/emergency experience is a plus.