Senior Manager, US Country Office
The US Senior Manager will be the primary driver and designer of operations in the US. As a senior member of GiveDirectly’s first US Country Team, the position will be crucial in driving opportunities for new business, building partnerships, and designing, launching and managing new programs. The US Senior Manager will have a unique opportunity to drive impact and innovation in the US cash sector at a time when cash is receiving unprecedented attention and interest in the public eye. The Manager will be based in the United States and willing to travel domestically as needed.
The candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- End-to-end project management:
- Own a rich project management plan and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end execution.
- Design operational models for new programs, including assessing trade-offs of different design decisions (e.g. targeting, payments, customer service).
- Define, track, and report operational and efficiency metrics.
- Dynamically identify operational vulnerabilities (e.g. fraud, brand risk etc.) and create solutions to de-risk.
- Directly manage US Associate/Manager whose responsibilities include field team hiring and management, operations quality assurance, and business diligence support.
- New business development:
- Ideate, evaluate, and drive new program opportunities, driving end-to-end deal cycle from pitching to launch.
- Conduct operational diligence, feasibility, and risk assessments for pilots and inbound proposal.
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities for new programs.
- Partnership management:
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships with donors and operational partners.
- Drive communication and alignment across a variety of internal and external stakeholders including GD senior management, donors, operational partners, researchers, and payment providers.
- Collaborate with partnerships team to create content to drive donor conversations and position GiveDirectly as a leader in the US cash space.
- Three to five years of experience in a role focused on problem solving (eg field management, consulting, analytics), team management, and/or new business development.
- Exceptional ability to logic through complex operational questions & run robust analyses to inform management and programming decisions.
- Strong communications skills, including speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating across diverse audiences.
- Track record of identifying and managing new opportunities for partnerships.
- Enthusiasm for fast-paced environments, which may lack pre-defined playbook for success and involve significant “learning by doing”.
- Strong alignment with GD values (see below).
- Spanish language fluency a plus.