Specialist, Advisory Services, Indonesia
Women’s World Banking is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Specialist to support of Women’s World Banking’s strategic goal of advancing women’s financial inclusion in Indonesia and eventually, the rest of Southeast Asia region. The individual will contribute towards building Women’s World Banking’s country as well as regional presence and business.
The Specialist will be part of a small and agile regional team based in Indonesia. You will work in teams of typically three to five people, playing an active role in all aspects of the partners’ engagement.
You will be responsible for the day to day collaborative management of project work plans. milestones and targets. and, both internal as well as external reporting. which, will ensure the delivery of project results on time and on budget. You will be responsible for supporting the Advisory Service Lead with partner engagements, providing advisory services to enable partners to effectively reach and serve low-income women with relevant financial services.
You are passionate about the power of financial services to change lives, and understand what it takes to reach low-income women where they live and work. You have know-how in financial services, financial inclusion or emerging markets. The ideal candidate will have financial inclusion and/or financial services background.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support Advisory Services Lead in project management.
- Support technical work which include customer research & plan, gather and analyze partner background information, design and support ideation process to develop solution, gather and update market trends, including market intelligence.
- Develop project deliverables, monitoring, reporting and presentations.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with existing partners & build new relationships.
- Influence the market and enhance the Women’s World Banking brand by attending and/or speaking at industry events and meetings.
- Provide support in implementing Women’s World Banking’s operating and administration systems.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in International development or a relevant discipline.
- Five to seven years of work experience in financial inclusion, banking, financial services, international or socio-economic development, and/or consultancy services.
- Experience and knowledge in research and design process to develop solutions.
- Intellectual curiosity demonstrated in creative solution-seeking.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced verbal, written communication and presentation skills in Bahasa Indonesia and in English.
- Proven Program Management and client engagement experience including successful project delivery, including capacity to work in cross-functional teams of experts and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels in an organization.
- High-level analytical skills with ability to isolate problems, articulate them, implement solutions, synthesize data and information balanced by intellectual curiosity and creative solution-seeking.
- Proficiency in using MS Office tools.
- Ability to manage significant travel to project locations in Indonesia and SEA region.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize own workload, work effectively both independently and as part of a team, and deliver quality outputs within agreed time-frames.
- Experience and knowledge in financial inclusion or financial services.
- Experience and knowledge in gender issues and women’s economic empowerment.