Licensing and Supervision of the Business of Microfinancing Institutions: Directive No. MFI/01/96 - Minimum Paid Up Capital Information Required From Applicants
This document presents the minimum paid up capital requirements for Ethiopian MFIs, as well as the information required from the applicants for MFI licenses. The document puts the minimum paid up capital requirement at Birr 200,000.00.
The required information identified in the document includes:
- Evidence for paid-up capital;
- Memorandum and articles of association;
- Proposed name of the institution;
- Evidence of ownership and possession of an office building;
- Work-plan for the first year of operations;
- Curriculum vitae of the proposed officers and directors;
- Duly completed application as prescribed by the National Bank of Ethiopia.