Mobile Money: Key Success Factors of a National Financial Inclusion Strategy
Many national financial inclusion strategies (NFIS) recognize and leverage the power of digital technologies in achieving financial inclusion targets, and as more countries continue to make financial inclusion commitments, the fruits of NFIS in driving regulatory reforms are increasingly apparent.
By drawing examples from different countries, this paper highlights key enablers of a successful NFIS for mobile money, which include:
- High-level project sponsorship.
- Project planning.
- Issue framing for excluded groups.
- Stakeholder mapping.
- Governance and implementation structures.
- Public participation/stakeholder engagement.
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Strategy refresh.