Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): Kenya Report
This report provides a detailed country-level view of the impact of COVID-19 on micro, small, and medium enterprises in Kenya. It also highlights their coping strategies and provides recommendations for policymakers and financial service providers to support them.
The objective of this research was to:
- Understand and quantify the impact of COVID-19 on MSMEs.
- Inform policy and support subsequent efforts to rebuild the MSME segment.
- Assess the impact of COVID-19 on revenues and costs; supply chains; business activities and product range; liquidity management.
- Explore options to minimize threats and maximize business opportunities.
- Assess gender implications.
- Understand the current use of communication channels and identify opportunities to be utilized.
- Understand the role of COVID-19 and its impact on entrepreneur’s networks and trust.
- Assess private and public sector support services.