Agricultural Value Chain Finance in the COVID-19 Era
Among other things, this workshop will explore how value chain finance (VCF)—apart from enhancing access to finance for primary producers in a chain—can also help in achieving the following: creating better and enabling infrastructure in the chain; enhancing competition among various stakeholders and increasing choice within the chain; reducing vulnerability of producers (marginal & small producers) and increasing their staying/bargaining/ negotiating power; acting as a catalyst to stimulate access to productivity enhancing/ other technology and related good practices; facilitating small/marginal and other primary producers to get better returns/rewards through better access to business development services (BDS) & markets; enabling product, process, functional and channel improvement/upgrading in the chain, which is critical; and address other constraints and problems in the chain.
- Day 1: Financial Inclusion of Agriculture in the COVID Era with Practical Implications for Small/Marginal Producers.
- Day 2: Building World-Class Agriculture Value Chain Finance in Different Contexts. This session will look at Key Steps and also provide examples from the Global Context (continued the next day).
- Day 3: Building World-Class Agriculture Value Chain Finance in Different Contexts. This session will look at Key Steps and also provide examples from the Global Context.
- Day 4: Bridging the Digital Divide and Ushering in Seamless Digital Financial Inclusion in Agriculture Value Chains in the COVID Era.
- Day 5: Adapting to the New Normal in Agricultural Value Chain Finance in the COVID Era and Wrap Up Discussions.
Sessions will be held for eight hours every day. Each session will use experiential learning in a safe, sanitized and socially-distanced environment. Hand sanitizers and masks will be available. The training halls will be disinfected daily. There will be regular temperature checks as well. Thus, the workshop will be conducted in an extremely safe and secure manner. The workshop will follow the following generic format: Facilitator presentation, small group exercises, group presentation and discussions and wrap up.