Certified Expert in Climate & Renewable Energy Finance
Climate Change is high on the agenda of governments across the world. The structural change of the global energy system is already under way with annual investment in power generation based on renewables at almost the same level as investment in power based on fossil fuels.
This course will help you understand the different perspectives on financing climate and RE projects:
- Firstly, you will learn to understand the big picture of climate change and the various fields of investments resulting from climate policy needs, with RE investments being a central pillar.
- Secondly, you will be introduced to a project and business model perspective and learn which parameters are used to assess the financial viability of a climate or RE investment.
- Thirdly, the course will deep dive into RE investments and you will learn why markets alone might fundamentally not be able to trigger RE investment in a way necessary to mitigate climate change and which support instruments are available across different countries.
- Fourthly, you will get a comprehensive overview of the various RE business models that are on the market and will learn about the basics of RE technologies, the electricity markets and typical RE technology risks as relevant for the financing perspective.
- Fifthly, the universe of RE investors will be presented linking back to the previously introduced learnings on financing RE projects including, but not limited to dealing with the specific risk profile of capital intense business models in an often policy and regulation-driven market.
- Finally, you will be introduced to key parameters of financing and structuring RE projects and will learn how to apply them by setting-up and using an excel-based cash flow model for a RE project.
- The next course will begin on 1 September 2020.
- Online registration dates are 1 June- 30 September 2020.
- Regular - EUR 1,300.
- Early Bird - EUR 1,100 (for registrations before 15 July 2020).