Challenges and Opportunities for Innovation in Agri-SME Trade and Value Chain Finance in Africa
While the COVID-19 crisis has caused disruptions in African agricultural value chains, access to financial products and services for agri-SMEs to engage in markets has remained critical. This webinar will explore how actors that provide or facilitate access to value chain and trade finance for agri-SMEs have responded to the crisis. As in earlier sessions in this SAFIN-AGRIFIN joint webinar series, the focus will be particularly on how the crisis has brought out new opportunities to strengthen business models in value chain and trade finance, and what promising innovations are emerging in the landscape.
- Iris van der Velden, Global Director Innovation & Insights, IDH (Chair).
- Ayodeji Balogun, Chief Executive Officer, AFEX Commodities Exchange Limited.
- Andrew Barr-Sim, Managing Director, Vallis Group Limited.
- Kola Masha, Managing Director, Babban Gona.
- Mariel Mensink, Rural Finance Advisor, Fair and Sustainable Consulting.