Diploma in Grants Management Course for MFIs
The job of grants management involves a difficult balancing act; ensuring that grant management staff have the latitude to accomplish something meaningful and at the same time every obligation of the funding source is met. Depending on the operating style of the organization, the complexity of the project and the nature of the funding source, effective grants management depends on certain core principles.
These principles are valuable in helping to build trust with your donors and making the grant management process in your organization more orderly. The purpose of this course is to build the confidence and skills of those responsible for managing institutional donor grants and to meet donors’ financial terms and conditions when implementing programs. Effective grant management by project implementers can attract more funding for the microfinance institutions.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects.
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions.
- Providing supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements.
- Managing multiple-funded programs.
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report.
- Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management.
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant.
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence.
- Appreciate that finance and program staff must work closely for successful grant management.
This course is specially designed for Microfinance organizations: project staff who manage institutional donor grants where programs are implemented directly or through operational partners. The course is also suitable for both finance, administrative and non-finance staff who are new to grant management.
Certificate and transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
Cost: EUR 800
To register for this course, kindly contact [email protected]