Financial Analysis and Delinquency Management for Microfinance Practitioners
This one-week training course for microfinance institutions (MFIs) will provide participants with an understanding of the different tools used by MFIs, what they mean, and how they can be used to keep track of an institution’s financial performance over time. Participants would also learn how to format financial statements for decision making, adjust for inflation and subsidies, measure portfolio quality, asset/liability management, efficiency, and productivity.
- Framework for evaluating microfinance banks.
- Country risk assessment.
- Industry risk.
- Bank specific – ownership and support levels.
- Analyzing non-financial information.
- Risk faced by MFIs.
- Non-performing loan.
- Review of profit and loss accounts.
- Ratio analysis and the importance.
- Gap analysis.