A Global Movement to Focus on Financial Health
Financial health – or wellbeing – is emerging as a core concept for financial sector policymakers and providers who are concerned with how financial services affect consumers.
This blog series explores the findings of the expert working group on financial health, convened by H.M. Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, the United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA). The blog posts in this series provide an introduction to the concept of financial health and aim to answer the following questions:
- How do we define financial health?
- Why should policymakers focus on financial health?
- How do we measure financial health and what are the challenges in doing so?
- What is the role of the private sector in financial health?
- What is the relation between financial health and consumer protection?