Gender and Women's Empowerment: Recommended Reading
<< Back to Gender and Women's Empowerment page
1. Women’s Financial Inclusion Toolkit
May 2021, GIZ
Toolkit to aid the design and implementation of women's financial inclusion and empowerment programs
2. Bridging the Gender Gap: Promoting Women’s Financial Inclusion
Aug 2017, Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI)
Tools and guidance on tackling challenges in achieving gender parity in financial inclusion
3. A Roadmap for Promoting Women’s Economic Empowerment
Mar 2017, United Nations Foundation, ExxonMobil Foundation
What works best in increasing women’s productivity and earnings in developing countries?
4. Women’s Economic Empowerment Through Financial Inclusion
Mar 2017, Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
What do we know about the impact of different financial products on outcomes for women?
5. Leave No One Behind: Taking Action for Transformational Change on Women’s Economic Empowerment
Jan 2017, United Nations
How to address the constraints contributing to persistent gaps in women’s economic opportunities
6. Revisiting What Works: Women, Economic Empowerment and Smart Design
Nov 2016, Center for Global Development
What are the most effective interventions to empower women economically?
7. The Paradox of Gender-Neutral Banking
Oct 2016, Global Banking Alliance for Women
Making the case for a gender-intelligent business model
8. Digital Financial Solutions to Advance Women’s Economic Participation
Nov 2015, Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI)
How various actors can bring more women into the global economy through digital financial services
9. Measuring Women’s Financial Inclusion: The Value of Sex-Disaggregated Data
Sep 2015, Global Banking Alliance for Women, Inter-American Development Bank
How data could inform better policies for promoting full financial inclusion
10. Bridging the Gender Gap: Mobile Access and Usage in Low and Middle-Income Countries
Feb 2015, GSMA
Why is it important for women to be connected?