Top Five Things to Know About the 2014 Global Findex Report
Highlighting the world’s most comprehensive database on financial inclusion
The Global Financial Inclusion (Global Findex) database provides in-depth data on how individuals save, borrow, make payments, and manage risks. It is the world’s most comprehensive database on financial inclusion that consistently measures people’s use of financial services across countries and over time.
The new report sharing updated data gathered in 2014 was recently released and the Gateway has the top five things you need to know.
- The methodology includes more than 100 indicators for 143 economies around the world. About 150,000 adults age 15 and above were surveyed in those 143 economies during 2014.
- The 2014 edition is more extensive than prior reports. The 2014 edition of the Global Findex database includes:
- 40+ additional indicators,
- A time-series dimension,
- More nuanced questions on mobile money,
- An extended module on domestic payments, and
- The topic of financial resilience explored more fully.
- The report highlights key opportunities for expanding financial inclusion, particularly among women and the poor. Key opportunities explored are:
- Expanding account ownership among the unbanked
- Increasing the use of accounts among those who already have one
- Data is available in many different formats. Not to miss – The Little Data Book on Financial Inclusion 2015! This is a pocket edition of the Global Financial Inclusion Database, where you will find 41 country-level indicators of financial inclusion summarized for all adults and disaggregated by key demographic characteristics—gender, age, income, and rural residence. Also included are summary pages by region and by income group aggregates. The book is available in PDF or eBook format.
- The Global Findex 2014 shows progress with financial inclusion in every region. Learn more about Regional Highlights.
Be the first to comment
Leave a Comment
Comments on this page are moderated by FinDev Editors. We welcome comments that offer remarks and insights that are relevant to the post. Learn More