Savings: Recommended Reading
1. Savings and Climate Resilience
Apr 2021, Itad
This knowledge review focuses on successes and challenges in building up climate resilience, across three dimensions: disaster preparedness, response, and adaptation to climate change.
2. Evidence Review of Women's Groups and COVID-19: Impacts, Challenges, and Policy Implications for Savings Groups in Africa
Mar 2021, Evidence Consortium on Women’s Groups
Emerging evidence from studies in diverse African contexts— with a deep dive into Nigeria and Uganda—on how COVID-19 has affected savings groups and how these groups have helped mitigate the pandemic’s negative consequences in sub-Saharan Africa.
3. Encouraging Effective & Inclusive Savings
Nov 2020, European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP)
Lessons and best practices from the European Microfinance Award 2020
4. State of Practice: Savings Groups and the Role of Government in Sub-Saharan Africa
Dec 2018, The SEEP Network
Comprehensive overview of government interventions in the savings group sector
5. Savings Count: Trends in Access, Use and the Ecosystem of Savings in Sub-Saharan Africa
May 2018, Mastercard Foundation, Itad
This report provides a comprehensive account of the state of access to and use of savings in Sub-Saharan Africa.
6. Understanding the Impact of Savings Groups
Jan 2018, The SEEP Network
Systematic review of 53 studies from 2004 to 2017 which measure participant well-being