The GFRID 2018 Agenda Has Been Released
The Global Forum on Remittances, Investment and Development (GFRID) 2018, taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 8 - 10 May will feature nine sessions, eight panels and four workshops over three days. It will see the participation of major representatives from public and private sectors, as well as the civil society, involved in remittances and investments in Asia and the Pacific.
The GFRID 2018 intends to:
- Scale-up the debate initiated during the Global Forum on Remittances, held in Bangkok in 2013, of exploring the recent developments and discuss the latest challenges, opportunities and concrete innovations from the previous Forum, in light of the Global Compact on Migration;
- Update the stakeholders on findings and realities from recent initiatives in the region;
- Further engage the public sector and regulators in creating an enabling environment to boost the development impact of remittances, and bridging the private and public sectors as well as the civil society;
- Create a collaborative platform on remittances to provide solutions to existing challenges and share Malaysia’s experiences particularly in terms of regulation and supervision of the remittance industry;
- Identify adapted and scalable models of intervention and partners to implement future operations, particularly in the fields of (i) rural finance and financial inclusion, and (ii) financing agriculture through diaspora investment.