The Importance of Migrants' Remittances in a Time of Crisis
This virtual parliamentary webinar on the importance of migrants’ remittances in times of crisis heard evidence of the impact of COVID-19 on amounts being sent home by migrants, and discussed ways of keeping these transfers flowing and making them easier.
The webinar, which was organized by PACE’s Migration Committee and its Parliamentary Network on Diaspora Policies brought together international experts in the field, representatives of companies involved in making transfers, and parliamentarians. Ideas discussed included ways of improving data-collection about remittances, making transfers easier and cheaper using new technologies, and maximizing the impact of remittances.
- Polish MP Killion Munyama, Chairperson of the PACE Sub-committee on Diasporas and Integration, Moderator
- Ralph Chami, Assistant Director, Institute for Capacity Development, IMF.
- Amadou Cisse, Executive Director, African Institute of Remittances (AIR), Kenya Remittance Community Task Force (RCTF)
- Pedro De Vasconcelos, Manager of the Financing Facility for Remittances at IFAD.
- RTPay Chairman, Christopher Williams.
About this event