FinTech in MENA: Unbundling the Financial Services Industry
The number of start-up companies offering financial services has doubled from 46 to 105 in the past three years. Half of these offer payment solutions, and one-third offer lending and financing services. This report predicts that the number of companies will rise to 250 by 2020.
The report is designed to raise the awareness of entrepreneurs, investors, decision-makers, major institutions and the general public about opportunities and challenges for emerging financial technology companies in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The report attempts to answer the following questions:
- What are the drivers and barriers for fintech in MENA?
- What solutions are fintech startups providing?
- What are the key obstacles these startups are facing, and where do we see improvements?
- What is the potential of fintech for the region?
- What needs to be done to unleash this potential?