Slide Deck

Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): Bangladesh Report

A detailed country-level view of the impact of the pandemic on MSMEs and their coping strategies

In Bangladesh, general holidays, falling consumer demand, and massive layoffs have affected all sectors of the economy. For the 2 million micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) that operate in the country, this has caused severe disruptions in the supply chain and a drastic reduction in revenues. 69 percent of businesses, mostly engaged in retail trade of essential commodities, remained operational while the remaining 31 percent were shut.

This report highlights the impact of COVID-19 on the MSME sector in Bangladesh, particularly on micro-enterprises. It also provides policy recommendations to support the recovery of the sector.

About this Publication

By Samveet Sahoo, Abhishek Anand, Nabila Khurshed & Khandaker Shaoli Hassan
Published