Analysis of Peru’s Financial Consumer Listening Mechanisms
The slide deck is a supplement to the CGAP Blog "Peruvian Authorities Pilot Tool to Improve Consumer Listening" (June 2022).
This slide deck presents the findings of research commissioned by CGAP as part of its work on empowering market conduct authorities and other stakeholders to monitor consumer risks and elevating collective consumers’ voice. The research into Peru’s financial consumer listening mechanisms, conducted in collaboration with Accenture, assesses how Peruvian authorities are using technology to better listen to the voice of financial consumers for oversight and market conduct monitoring. Further, by analyzing the Peruvian authorities’ regulatory and enforcement processes to identify how financial consumer inputs are being considered for policymaking, the research lays the foundations for stronger collaboration and information exchange for financial consumer listening, market monitoring and regulatory improvements with the aim of building an integrated platform for consumers in the future.
Additional Related Resources:
- Elevating the Collective Consumer Voice in Financial Regulation, March 2021
- Market Monitoring for Financial Consumer Protection, CGAP Toolkit, February 2022
- Making Consumer Protection Regulation More Customer-Centric, June 2020
- Debt Relief in the Pandemic: Lessons from India, Peru, and Uganda, December 2020
- How Peru Is Elevating the Collective Consumer Voice, April 2021
This work was funded in whole or in part by CGAP. Unlike CGAP's official publications, it has not been peer reviewed or edited by CGAP, and any conclusions or viewpoints expressed are those of the authors, and they may or may not reflect the views of CGAP staff.