A Research and Learning Agenda for the Impact of Financial Inclusion
Recommendations for funders of impact research, policy makers, and the financial inclusion research community
The financial inclusion community is renewing its efforts to understand the role financial services play in the lives of poor people and how financial services can improve their well-being. This paper proposes a learning agenda based on extensive consultation with donors, researchers, and practitioners who support financial inclusion. It asks the following questions:
- Financial inclusion for what?
- What should we invest in?
- What are the promising welfare-enhancing solutions?
- Which ones should we experiment with?
- How do we achieve the nuance required to guide financial inclusion policy decisions that enable financial services to add value to poor people’s lives?
About this Publication