The Portfolio Quality Working Group will review and/or finalize the definition of indicators such as PAR, explore complementary metrics that will meaningfully improve understanding of a company’s portfolio quality, and/or alternatives (such as Utilization Rate). It will also review and develop frameworks and concepts such as Cohort Analysis to improve the usefulness of the indicators. This Working Group will feed into the KPI Working Group.
The working group is divided into three subcommittees to reach the objectives set (1) Informative KPIs, (2) Performance and Existing KPIs, and (3) Overall Definitions and Coherency; each will be tasked to specific areas related to redefining of KPIs 1.0, and the holistic coherency of the total set of final KPIs.
Introducing your co-chairs
Anish Thakkar, Co-Founder, Greenlight Planet
Greenlight is a leading manufacturer of off-grid solar energy systems used today in 10 million households worldwide. Greenlight operates the industry's largest Pay As You Go distribution network, selling 35,000 consumer-financed solar home systems each month through its network of 140 branch stores and 3,000 commission-based agents in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Nigeria. Anish served as Greenlight's CEO until 2016 and today leads debt fundraising and new products initiatives.
Tobias Ruckstuhl, Principal at Persistent
Tobias Ruckstuhl focuses on bringing his deep financial and venture markets expertise in due diligence processes as well as providing expert advice to investees from an investor’s perspective but also through taking on operational mandates in the form of interim CFO positions.
Before joining Persistent, he was a management consultant at Accenture in Switzerland, a global consulting company, specializing in digital and technology consulting. He previously also worked as head of accounting, finance, and logistics for a safari and conservation company in Central Africa as well as starting up his own entrepreneurial ventures. Tobias is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and holds a masters in international affairs from the University of St. Gallen as well as bachelors in business & economics.
Fabio Eucalipto, Principal & CFO at Persistent
Fabio Eucalipto is the Chief Financial Officer at Persistent. Beyond the internal role and in line with the firm’s strategy, he both focuses on bringing his financial markets expertise in investment processes as well as providing advisory to investees through taking on executive operational positions. He has been the interim CFO of several PAYG companies Persistent is invested in.. Fabio holds a Masters in Accounting and Finance from the University of St. Gallen and the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad. He previously worked as auditor of asset management companies at Ernst & Young and as an alternative investment analyst at Deutsche Bank. Before joining Persistent, he was a Vice President at SUSI Partners, a Swiss investment manager specialized in financing sustainable infrastructure.
Meeting Minutes and Documents
- Kick-off meeting 1 March 2019
- Presentation PQ Working Group call March 28
- Presentation Loss/Default Subcommittee Call April 17
- Minutes Loss/Default Subcommittee Call April 17
- Presentation Collection Efficiency Subcommittee Call April 18
- Minutes Collection Efficiency Subcommittee Call April 18
- Presentation Loss/Default Subcommittee Call #2 May 1
- Minutes Loss/Default Subcommittee call #2 May 1
- Presentation Collection Efficiency Subcommittee Call #2 May 1
- Minutes Collection Efficiency Subcommittee call #2 May 1
- Presentation PQ Working Group call May 14
- Minutes PQ Working Group call May 14
- Presentation 3WG call August 14
- Minutes 3WG call August 14
- Summary March 2019 Portfolio Quality survey results
- Sniff tests: CGAP Occasional Paper Issue No. 3 June 1999: Measuring Microcredit Delinquency Ratios Can Be Harmful to Your Health
- Summary results Feedback Survey for PAYGo PERFORM Indicators July/August 2019