The Unit Economics Working Group will focus on developing an analytical framework and the related KPIs to help analyze the financial viability of PAYGo companies as they scale on a broadly comparable and relevant unit basis. They will also outline how this tool can be used by stakeholders to identify problem spots and make adjustments to help steer PAYGo companies toward profitability.
The Working Group is divided into two subcommittees to reach the objectives set (1) Cost and (2) Revenue; each will be tasked to specific areas related to Unit Profitability.
Introducing your co-chairs
Geoff Manley, Investment Director, CDC Group
Geoff is the Investment Director at CDC leading its off-grid solar debt finance initiative. CDC Group is the UK’s development finance institution, which invests in businesses in Africa and South Asia to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives.
Shagun heads Strategic Partnerships for Rural Spark, an innovative company which develops smart grid solutions that enable rural villagers across Africa to generate and sell energy. Shagun brings extensive operational experience and background in the off-grid solar and other industrial sectors in emerging markets.
Meeting Minutes and Documents
- Working Group UE kick-off March 5, 2019's presentation
- Presentation UE Working Group call March 29
- Summary UE Working Group call March 29
- Presentation Cost Subcommittee call April 16
- Summary Cost Subcommittee call April 16
- Presentation Revenue Subcommittee call April 17
- Summary Revenue Subcommittee call April 17
- Presentation Revenue and Cost Subcommittee call April 23
- Summary Revenue and Cost Subcommittee call April 23
- Presentation Working Group call May 13
- Minutes UE Working Group call May 13
- Presentation Working Group call June 6
- Summary Working Group call June 6
- Presentation Working Group call July 8
- Summary Working Group call July 8
- Presentation 3WG call August 14
- Minutes 3WG call August 14
- Presentation UE Working Group call September 4
- Minutes UE Working Group call September 4
- Summary Unit Economics survey March 2019 results
- Persistent Energy 2018: Business Analytics for PAYG Companies
- Summary results Feedback Survey for PAYGo PERFORM Indicators July/August 2019