State of the Microcredit Summit Campaign Report 2011
An update on goals set at the 2006 Microcredit Summit Campaign
At the re-launch of the Microcredit Summit Campaign in 2006 in Halifax, Canada, two goals were set:
- Working to ensure that 175 million of the worlds poorest families, especially the women of those families, are receiving credit for self-employment and other financial and business services by the end of 2015;
- Working to ensure that 100 million families rise above the US$1.25 a day threshold adjusted for purchasing power parity (PPP), 5 between 1990 and 2015.
The State of the Microcredit Campaign Report 2011:
- Highlights a groundbreaking study commissioned by the Microcredit Summit Campaign in Bangladesh that looks at movement above the US$1.25 a day threshold by microfinance clients;
- Reviews the progress of the Microcredit Summit Campaign and the broader microfinance community over the past year, and;
- Concludes the report with a call for the industry to develop a way to identify those organizations that take on and demonstrate success in achieving the transformational dimension of microfinance.